Web Proxy Settings
Proxy settings can dramatically improve performance your internet performance. They are optional settings that apply to dial-up accounts only. ADSL users should NOT use proxy settings.
The proxy settings for any browser are as follows:
- Proxy Server Address: proxy.voice.net.au
- Proxy Server Port: 8080
For details see instructions for Internet Explorer 5.5 and Netscape
Entering Voice Proxy Server Settings in Internet Explorer 5.5
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options... to display
the Internet Options window.
- Click on the Connections tab. Click to select Voice and then click
- On the Voice Settings window, set the options as shown below:
Clear the Automatically detect
settings and Use automatic configuration script options.
Select the Use a proxy server option, and enter proxy.voice.net.au in the Address
field, and 8080 in the Port field.
- Click OK and then OK again.
- Open Netscape.
- From the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
- Under the Advanced category, click Proxies. (If no options are
displayed in this category, click Advances to expand the list.)
- Select the Manual proxy configuration option and then enter the proxy
settings as shown below:
Enter proxy.voice.net.au in the Proxy field and and 8080 in
the Port field for each of the following:
- FTP Proxy
- HTTP Proxy
- SSL Proxyy\
- (Optional) In the "No Proxy for:" field, type the names of any domains that you can connect to directly, bypassing the proxy. For example, if you type
"netscape.com", then the proxy is bypassed each time you view a web page from
- Click OK to save the proxy settings.